(*) as Executive Consultant
January 2013 - Today: CALIBER THERAPEUTICS, NY US
- Vice President of Operations (*)
2012 - 2013: SURPASS MEDICAL INC. FL US
- International Vice President of Sales and Marketing (*)
- Launched Surpass’ technology in the complex area of interventional neuroradiology by recruiting staff, building commercial platform and develop a strong supporting KOL network. The company got acquired by Stryker in November 2012 for $135M.
2009 – 2011: STENTYS SAS. Paris, France
- Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Turned around the company’s strategic focus thus laying the base for targeted commercialization of its pioneering technology
- Defined and implemented both Europe-wide and country-specific business development strategies through solid KOL-, Health Economics- (e.g. NUB Status 1 in Germany), Clinical- and Geographical Expansion initiatives
- Hit or exceeded all company milestones: 2010 and 2011YTD revenues; timely recruitment of top class European commercial team consisting of 11 senior business leaders and marketers; timely enrollment in clinical trials; consistent communication and strong KOL endorsement.
- In one year, managed to establish a strong commercial footprint in 15 target countries through a unique balance of seasoned sales executives and a selection of highly motivated distributors.
2006 – 2009: CORDIS JOHNSON & JOHNSON, Brussels Belgium
- Director of Marketing Endovascular EMEA
- Member of the EMEA board
- 3 major launches of disruptive technologies for the treatment of obstructive vascular low limb disease supported by a multidisciplinary team
- Director of CCVI (Cordis Cardiac and Vascular Institute) with world-class training facilities in Hamburg Germany
- Pre-market assessment for fully percutaneous AAA system
- Lead of a major cross-franchise market development program targeting type 2 diabetes
2004 – 2006: CORDIS JOHNSON & JOHNSON, Brussels Belgium
- Director of Business development Endovascular and Neurovascular
- Member of the EMEA board
- 15% year to year growth in developing markets with 5% CAGR
- Lead ‘ACTION’ market development program focusing on timely referral of patients with endovascular or neurovascular disease.
- Lead country specific reimbursement projects through tight cooperation with HTA’s and payers.
- Global Leadership Award for extraordinary performance
2001 – 2004: CORDIS JOHNSON & JOHNSON, Brussels Belgium
- Director Neurovascular EMEA
- Installed pan-European team of clinical specialists and sales/marketing managers
- Grew intracranial coil- and intracranial stent businesses from FIM to €30+Mln in 2 years
- Lead Cordis Neurovascular towards successful integration into the Codman franchise
- Master green belt in Process Excellence
1998 – 2001: CORDIS JOHNSON & JOHNSON, Brussels Belgium
- Marketing Manager Cardiology Stents EMEA
- Drove commercialization of Bx Velocity from FIM to market leader with €250+Mln in revenues 2 years after J&J acquired Cordis.
- Bx Velocity served as the platform for the benchmark Cypher DES, launched in 2002
1991 – 1998: BOC Ohmeda, Bilthoven Netherlands
- Product Manager Benelux Viggo Spectramed
- Sales Manager Spectramed Belgium
- Successfully converted from distributor business to direct business with 4 sales reps doubling the company’s profit in a period of 2 years.
- Sales Representative Spectramed Belgium
1989 – 1991: Baxter SA, Brussels Belgium
- Sales representative for Baxter’s new LIS division, pioneering in Interventional Cardiology
1981 – 1989: University Hospital Antwerp Belgium
- Head of the department of Interventional Cardiology
- Lead 14 staff
- From zero to 1500 PCI’s